Involved in a Boating Accident?
Boating is an area covering many types of use, including holidays, recreation and work. If you have sustained an injury while on a boat in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to claim boat injury compensation. The team of legal experts at Roxell Richards Law Firm will guide you through the entire legal process, providing the advice and support you need in order to make a successful claim for a boating accident. Click or Call us now for your free consult for your boating accident.
CAN I FILE A LAWSUIT FOR MY BOATING ACCIDENT?
A boat’s operator and owner have a responsibility to take all reasonable precautions to reduce the risk of an accident and injury to passengers, swimmers, and anyone in the vicinity. Tragedies can arise when they do not exert the right level of awareness and caution, and individuals can be injured or killed.
While the injured party or parties respond to immediate needs such as medical treatment and rehabilitation, an attorney can examine the circumstances surrounding the occurrence, research maritime regulations and gather evidence to develop a case against the person that caused the accident.
WHAT DO I DO IF I AM IN AN BOATING ACCIDENT?
Any accidents on a boat should be reported straight away with the authorities where the accident happened
- If you have any injuries, make sure to get these checked and treated by a medical professional. A medical report will be written up that will document your injuries and treatment recommendations, which can be used as evidence in your claim.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact details and ask if they would be willing to make a statement to back up your claim.
- Take any photos of where the accident took place and, if possible, what caused it. If the boat has CCTV on board that recorded the accident, this can be useful evidence too.
- Record any development in your injuries by taking photos to provide visual proof of the pain and suffering caused by the boating accident.
- Keep records of any expenses incurred as a result of your injuries, such as travel and prescription costs.
CAN I GET COMPENSATION FOR MY BOATING ACCIDENT?
As with other accidents, the at-fault boating operator’s insurance can affect whether you can recover compensation for injuries. Among the economic and non-economic damages that you may be able to recover as a boating accident victim are medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. In some cases, when a boating operator has assets, it may be possible to recover damages directly from the boating operator even if there is no insurance.
If you have been injured in a collision with another vessel, or another type of boating accident, you could be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Contact Roxell Richards Law Firm to help you in your case and get the justice you deserve.
BOATING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
If you or a loved one was injured in a boating accident in Texas, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Our personal injury attorneys at Roxell Richards Law firm are familiar with such situations and well-prepared to handle yours. Contact us at (713) 974-0388 today to get the justice you deserve. We’re ready to assist you 24/7.