WANT A FREE CASE REVIEW ?
As a passenger injured in a Texas car accident, you have legal recourse against the driver of any car that caused the accident, including that of the vehicle you were in. If you were somehow negligent in causing your own injuries, however, your degree of fault may diminish the value of your claim. Also, there are often factors that can cause Texas car accident injuries other than another vehicle. These include incidents where the car’s air bag fails to deploy or a defective booster seat does not properly restrain a child. In any of these scenarios, you should immediately consult a Texas car accident attorney, since different timelines and forms are required to give notice and to file an injury lawsuit.
Houston Passenger Accidents Lawyer
A Texas car accident attorney can contact the responsible insurance companies and set up an injury claim for you. He or she can obtain the traffic accident report, interview witnesses, and if necessary, retain an accident reconstruction expert if liability is disputed. Your attorney will also obtain your medical records, ensure that your are seen by the appropriate medical specialists in serious cases, and obtain medical reports that carefully detail your accident injuries, disability if any, the extent of your pain and suffering, and the effect your injuries have had on your lifestyle and employment. If necessary, your attorney can also see that any future medical care and costs and loss of future income are accounted for as part of your compensable damages. Finally, your Texas car accident attorney can present a settlement package to the insurer that thoroughly documents all your damages so that you have the best chance for a full and satisfactory resolution of your case. Contact Roxell Richards today to discuss your case with our experienced Texas passenger accident attorneys. We have an established history of working hard for favorable results. Call (713) 974-0388 or 1-844 7-RIGHTS.
Texas Passenger Injury Law Information
As an individual involved in passenger accidents in a Texas car accident, there are a number of things you can do to protect your rights and preserve your right to compensation:
- If you are able to do so safely, take photographs of the accident scene and the vehicles involved.
- Do not talk about the accident with the other driver, including the driver of your car or its other passengers.
- Give a statement to the police at the scene if you are able. Do not speculate or guess about times, distances, and speed. Just state the facts.
- If you feel injured at all, do not refuse medical attention at the scene. Many injuries worsen in the hours following an accident and you can jeopardize your health as well as cast some doubt on the severity of your injuries if you refuse care.
- Immediately seek medical attention from your own physician once you are released by the paramedics or hospital. A delay in obtaining medical care could lessen your chances for full compensation.
- Do not give any recorded statements to insurance adjusters who will contact you after the accident. These adjusters are not looking out for your best interests and are only attempting to minimize their insured’s liability and the extent and severity of your injuries.
Immediately consult with a Texas car accident attorney.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US AND THEIR RESULTS
We appreciate all of the wonderful referrals we receive from not only our current clients, but from attorney, medical providers and more. See below for some of our testimonials discussing their experience with our firm.
High Speed Impact Crashes, Low Speed Impact Crashes, Head On Impact Crashes, Rear-End Impact Accidents, Side Impact Collisions, Vehicle Roll Over, Multiple Vehicle Accidents, Passenger Injury Accidents, Underinsured / Uninsured Motorist Accidents, Defective Roads, Dram Shop/Bartender Liability