1-855-GOT-INJURED  | 713-974-0388

Involved in a Dram Shop Liability Case?

Dram shop claims may be filed in different types of personal injury lawsuits, not just those involving auto accidents. For example, if an intoxicated person in a bar severely injures someone in a fistfight, the victim may be able to sue the bar under dram shop law.  Not only that, if an establishment serves a visibly intoxicated person who falls, trips, or becomes seriously injured, they may be able to sue the bar owner under the dram shop law. You may be entitled to compensation for your claim against the bar owner establishment call us today.


According to the statistics, 29 people die in motor vehicle crashes involving impaired drivers in the United States each day. Even one of these preventable fatalities is far too many. The dram shop law applies to businesses that serve alcohol, and in some cases, private events. If a server or bartender has committed other liquor violations, such as serving alcohol to a minor, they may also be criminally charged by the Commonwealth and civilly sued for financial damages.

There are elements that must be considered to successfully bring a dram shop claim, including:

  • An employee or agent of the establishment served alcohol to someone who was visibly intoxicated. This is based on apparent signs of intoxication, such as slurred speech, staggering, and bloodshot eyes.
  • High blood alcohol content (BAC) or a guilty plea in a DUI case may also be used as evidence to prove visible intoxication in a dram shop claim.
  • Another element that must be proven is that the establishment’s bartender or server’s choice to serve a visibly intoxicated person directly led to injury or death.

A judge or jury is not permitted to reach its verdict solely on the basis of speculation and conjecture, but our legal team may use expert testimony that is corroborated by circumstantial evidence to substantiate a cause of action


Bars, restaurants, liquor stores-even private parties-that serve alcohol to someone who is obviously intoxicated can be held liable for injuries that result. People injured by drunk drivers or those hurt in a bar fights can sue the business or individual that over-served the person. The Houston and Texas Lawyers of Roxell Richards and Associates, help clients recover fair compensation in personal injury or fatality claims caused by the negligent actions of others, including drunk drivers and those who may have contributed to their intoxication. Contact our Houston dram shop liability lawyers today.

Can I recover Compensation for my Dram Shop Claim

At Roxell Richards Law Firm, we pursue every possible avenue for maximum compensation in all personal injury cases. Suits involving injuries or wrongful death caused by someone who was under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be cause to investigate and file a dram shop claim. You may be entitled to compensation for damages such as:

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Past and future loss of income
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of companionship or consortium
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

Although it’s not very common, other damages, such as punitive damages may apply if a defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious. Punitive damages are intended to punish a defendant and deter them and others from committing similar acts. Our personal injury lawyers are well-versed in dram shop law and have a proven track record of success in recovering compensation for clients in these types of cases. Whether it’s in negotiations with insurance companies or in the courtroom, we fight for your rights and don’t back down until we recover the full compensation you deserve.


Roxell Richards and Associates is available to assist you in applying for the benefits you need after a dram shop liability. She negotiates skillfully and argues convincingly in court.  Contact Roxell Richards today to discuss your case with our experienced Texas injury attorneys. We have an established history of working hard for favorable results. Call (713) 974-0388 or 1-844 7-RIGHTS.