Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Get Your Free Case Review
in just 15 seconds, no upfront fee!
“No matter how big or small your injury is, we are committed to fighting justice the same” – Atty. Roxell Richards
HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Injured in a car crash in Texas that wasn’t your fault? Our Houston car accident lawyer can best handle your case and fight for you to get your maximum compensation.
Driving a vehicle is a privilege, not a right. This is why you need to qualify for a driver’s license that will allow you to drive any type of vehicle. As a driver, you need to abide by rules and regulations and put forth road safety as a top priority.
Despite road safety campaigns, accidents still happen. In Texas, there was a reportable car wreck every 57 seconds in 2021. With every car accident, there are multiple complexities such as dealing with insurance companies, medical bills, property damage, and many more.
With this type of statistics, there’s a big chance that when you’re driving, you may have been in car accidents in Houston or any other city in Texas. Most of these types of car crashes can be overwhelming. To be honest, whether the crash is major or minor, anyone would be perplexed when you’re in a road misfortune.
If there is a chance that you will be in an auto accident, then it’ll be best to know everything about dealing with a car accident in Houston, TX. One of the best ways for you to deal with a car accident is by hiring a car accident lawyer. Read on so you’d know why you need one when it comes to working on your car accident case.
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Going through the experience of a car accident is indeed a traumatic event. Aside from dealing with the trauma, you need to face realities such as physically recovering from any injuries or afflictions from the car crash. Additionally, you also have to deal with real-world problems such as paying for the bills piling up–whether it’s for your medical treatments or car repairs.
In reality, not everyone has enough money to be able to deal with the effects of a car crash without processing their claims with their insurance company. Another sad fact of the reality is that dealing with insurance companies can be a burden, as well. The process of reimbursing victims for their losses with your insurance can be tedious and hard.
A great help with all these complications is hiring a good and experienced car accident attorney. You may think you don’t need one because you don’t expect to go to court, but representing you in court is not the only thing a car accident attorney can do for you.
One of the major actions your auto accident attorney can do is negotiate with the insurance company. Whether it’s having discussions with your or the other driver’s insurance company, or having someone knowledgeable about car accident law. Someone that can help you get the right compensation for you. Additionally, having someone you can rely on to discuss legal matters lessens the added pressure and anxiety of having to deal with matters you are not familiar with.
Of course, as an attorney, he or she can represent you in court, should your car accident case escalate to that. But, before that even happens, it’s better that you already hire an auto accident lawyer. Your lawyer will help you with paperwork, negotiations, and court appearances.
The Car Accident Attorney in Houston Who Can Get You Legal Help NOW!
What happens if you kill someone in a car accident?
A car accident can be a traumatic and devastating experience. A worst-case scenario is the death of another person as a result of the accident. It’s important to understand the legal and emotional ramifications of the situation.
- First and foremost, it is important to understand that if you are found to be at fault for the accident. You could face criminal charges. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, they can be charging you with vehicular manslaughter. Or even worse, charging you with second-degree murder. These charges can carry severe penalties, including prison time.
- Additionally, you could also be facing a wrongful death lawsuit from the victim’s family. Filing of wrongful death lawsuits by the victim’s loved ones in order to seek compensation. These are things like medical expenses, funeral costs, and loss of income.
- It’s also important to note that if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident. You could face additional charges and penalties.
- Moreover, it is essential to remember that the legal process can take a long time. And it’s important to have a legal professional to guide you through the process.
- Finally, it’s also important to remember that being in a fatal accident can have severe emotional consequences. So it’s important to take care of your mental health.
Now, if you are in a car accident that results in the death of another person. It’s important to understand the legal and emotional ramifications of the situation. You could face criminal charges and wrongful death lawsuits. Also, additional charges if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It’s extremely necessary to have legal representation and take care of your mental health during this difficult time.
FREE CASE CONSULTATION
Enter your information below. We will reach out to evaluate your case.
What does a Houston Car Accident Lawyer do?
If you are involved in a car accident in Houston, one of the first things you should consider is hiring a car accident lawyer. A car accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. But what exactly does a Houston car accident lawyer do? Well, he/she may help you to:
- Understand your legal rights and options. First and foremost, a Houston car accident lawyer will help you understand your legal rights and options. They will be able to explain the laws that apply to your specific case and help you understand the best course of action.
- Navigate the claims process. A car accident lawyer will also be able to help you navigate the claims process. This can include filing a claim with your insurance company, as well as negotiating with the other driver’s insurance company. A lawyer can help ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and damages.
- Undergo legal process. In addition, a car accident lawyer can also help you with the legal process. This can include representing you in court, if necessary. And help you understand the different steps involved in the legal process.
- Build a strong case to support your claim. A car accident lawyer will also work with the necessary experts to build a strong case that supports your claim. This may include working with accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and economists. This is to help demonstrate the full extent of your damages.
So, you see, a Houston car accident lawyer can be an invaluable resource if you are involved in a car accident. They can help you understand your legal rights and options, navigate the claims process, and represent you in court.
They will also help build a strong case that supports your claim by working with experts. If you are involved in a car accident, it’s important to consider hiring a car accident lawyer. Your lawyer will help you get the compensation you deserve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Should you always call the police after a car accident?
Houston car accident cases can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience. Why? Well, look at this, Houston is the largest city in Texas. In fact, it’s the fourth largest city in the US.
It is a major economic and cultural center and is known for its diverse population and vibrant arts scene. The city is also home to several major oil and gas companies, as well as a growing technology sector.
Houston has a large and complex transportation system that includes highways, streets, buses, and light rail. With a population of over 2.3 million people, the city is prone to heavy traffic. This can lead to a higher risk of car accidents.
Additionally, Houston’s geography and climate, with its flat terrain, hot weather, and occasional severe weather conditions. Most of all, this can also contribute to car accidents.
So, when you have a car accident in Houston, it can be difficult to know what to do, especially in the aftermath.
One question that you may probably have is whether or not you should always call the police after a Houston car accident.
The short answer is YES, it is always a good idea to call and talk to the police after a car accident.
- First and foremost, calling the police ensures that a formal record of the accident is made. This can be incredibly important if there are any disputes about who was at fault or if any legal action is taken as a result of the accident. The police report will provide an objective account of the events and can be evidence in court.
- Additionally, calling the police can also ensure prompt attention to injuries. Even if you feel fine after an accident, it’s important that medical professional checks you out. The police will be able to call for an ambulance if necessary, and having a record of any injuries can also be important if you later decide to file a personal injury claim.
- Furthermore, calling the police can also help to clear the scene of the accident more quickly. The police will be able to direct traffic and make sure the removal of any debris, can help to prevent additional accidents from occurring. This can help to minimize the disruption to your daily life and get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
- And so, it is always a good idea to call the police after a car accident in Houston. Doing so can ensure that a formal record of the accident is made, that attention to injuries was prompt, and clearing the scene quickly.
But you know what? It’s always even better when you have a Houston car accident lawyer when you call the police. You know so that you can always have that security with you when dealing with the situation.
Nevertheless, it’s important to remember that even minor accidents can have serious consequences. So it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
What happens when the car accident claim exceeds insurance limits
Car accidents can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. And, we all know that once you suffer injury in a car wreck, you are given an opportunity for insurance claims against the negligent driver to cover your losses.
One of the biggest concerns for many people is what happens when the cost of the accident exceeds their insurance limits.
In these situations, it’s important to understand your options and know what to expect.
When the cost of the accident exceeds your insurance limits, the first thing you should do is contact your insurance company. They will be able to explain the process and inform you of the next steps.
One option is to try and negotiate a settlement with the other driver’s insurance company. This can involve both insurance companies coming to an agreement on the number of damages that need to be paid. And the person at fault for the accident may have to pay out of their own pocket if the insurance limit is not enough to cover the damages.
Another option is to file a personal injury lawsuit against the person who was the reason for the accident. In these cases, a court will determine the number of damages that need to be paid. And the person at fault may have to pay out of their own pocket if the insurance limit is not enough to cover the damages.
It’s important to note that in some states there’s a cap on the amount of awarding compensation in personal injury lawsuits. It’s also worth noting that if you decide to file a lawsuit, it can be a long and costly process.
As such, when the cost of a car accident exceeds your insurance limits, it’s important to contact your insurance company and understand your options. You can try to negotiate a settlement with the other driver’s insurance company. File a personal injury lawsuit, or in some states, there’s a cap on the amount of awarding compensation. It’s always best to consult with a legal professional to understand the best course of action.
Is it worth getting an attorney for a car accident?
If you’ve been in a car accident or currently suffering from car accident injuries you may be wondering if it’s worth getting an attorney. While it’s true that you can handle the claims process on your own, there are several reasons why it’s beneficial to have a Houston car accident attorney on your side.
- First, an attorney can assist you in better understanding your legal rights and alternatives. They will be able to explain the laws that apply to your specific case and help you understand the best course of action. This can be especially important if you are dealing with a complex or high-value claim.
- Second, an attorney can help you navigate the claims process. This can include filing a claim with your insurance company, as well as negotiating with the other driver’s insurance company. A lawyer can help ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and damages. They will also know how to communicate with the insurance adjusters and can help you in getting a fair settlement.
- Third, an attorney can also help you with the legal process. This can include representing you in court, if necessary. Furthermore, helping you understand the different steps involved in the legal process. They can also help you to deal with the insurance company’s legal team.
- Fourth, an attorney can also work with necessary experts to build a strong case that supports your claim. This may include working with accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and economists to help demonstrate the full extent of your damages.
To summarize, hiring an attorney after a car accident can be beneficial in many ways. They can help you understand your legal rights, navigate the claims process, represent you in court, and build a strong case for your claim. They will also help you to get the fair settlement that you deserve. Therefore, it is worth considering hiring an attorney after a car accident.
How long does it take to get a car accident settlement?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Houston or you experience a car wreck. One of the first things on your mind maybe when you will receive your settlement. The length of time it takes to get a car accident settlement can vary depending on a number of factors.
- First, the complexity of the case can affect the length of time it takes to reach a settlement. If the accident involved multiple parties and there are disputes over liability or the extent of damages. It can take longer to reach a settlement.
- Second, the insurance claims process can also affect the length of time it takes to get a settlement. Once a claim is filed, the insurance company will investigate the accident and assess the damages. This procedure can take many weeks or even months to complete.
- Third, the negotiation process can also affect the length of time it takes to reach a settlement. Once the insurance company has assessed the damages, they may make an initial settlement offer. If the offer is not acceptable, negotiations may be needed to reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
- Fourth, if the case goes to court, the process can take even longer. If the case is not settled out of court, it may take several months or even years to go to trial and reach a verdict.
In the end, the length of time it takes to get a car accident settlement can vary depending on the complexity of the case. Additionally, it can be affected by the insurance claims process and the negotiation process. And whether the case goes to court. It might take weeks, months, or years. However, having a car accident lawyer in Houston can help speed up the process. An attorney can ensure that you receive a fair settlement in a timely manner.
ASK A LAWYER
Listen now to get commonly asked car accident questions!
CAR ACCIDENTS EPISODES
Listen now to get commonly asked car accident questions!
What to do if you are involved in a car accident
Involved in a car accident? Find out what to do from Atty. Roxell Richards in Houston, TX via our ask a lawyer podcast.
Share a Ride Accident
Get to know more about what to do on rideshare accidents. Get it straight from Atty. Roxell Richards from Houston, TX via the ask a lawyer podcast.
What Questions should I ask if to a lawyer if I am looking to hire about my Car Accident?
Here are some questions you need to ask your car accident lawyer straight from Atty. Roxell Richards based in Houston, TX. Listen in to today’s episode of ask a lawyer podcast.
Have you handled a similar case to mine?
Personal injury lawyer Atty. Roxell Richards answers your questions in today’s ask a lawyer podcast. Listen in to find out info from a law firm based in Houston, TX.
TOP QUESTIONS | CAR ACCIDENTS
What happens if you lose a car accident lawsuit?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and have decided to file a lawsuit, it’s important to understand the possible outcomes. One possible outcome is that you lose the lawsuit. While losing a car accident lawsuit can be disappointing, it’s important to understand what happens next.
- First, if you lose the lawsuit, you will be responsible for paying the legal fees for the opposing party. This can include court costs, attorney fees, and any other expenses related to the lawsuit. Reimbursing victims for their loss, paying their medical bills, and medical care. Also, shouldering their physical therapy for the long term plus all damages they suffered will be part of those responsibilities.
- Second, if you lose the lawsuit, you will not be entitled to any financial compensation for your injuries or damages. This means that you will be responsible for paying any medical expenses, lost wages, or other costs related to the accident.
- Third, losing a car accident lawsuit may also affect your insurance rates. Insurance companies may view you as a higher risk and may increase your premiums as a result.
- Fourth, if you lose a car accident lawsuit, it may also affect your ability to file a lawsuit in the future. In some cases, a court may rule that you are barred from filing a future lawsuit on the same matter, which is called res judicata.
So, losing a car accident lawsuit can have serious financial and legal consequences. It’s important to consider all possible outcomes before filing a lawsuit. Additionally, consult with an attorney to ensure that you are making the best decision for your case.
Even if you lose the lawsuit, it’s not the end of the road. You can still negotiate and settle with the other party or their insurance company. So, it’s best to have a Houston car accident lawyer.
Can you sue someone for lying about a car accident?
Car accidents can be stressful and confusing, and sometimes people may make false statements about the accident. If you believe that someone is lying about a car accident, you may be wondering if you can sue them for their false statements.
- First, it’s important to understand that making false statements about a car accident is considered fraud. Fraud is a legal term that refers to an intentional deception made for personal gain or to cause harm to another person.
- Second, to sue someone for fraud, you must be able to prove that they made a false statement. With the intent to deceive you and that their false statement caused you harm. In the context of a car accident, this could include proving that the other driver lied. About how the accident occurred and that their false statement led to you obtaining less pay than you were entitled to.
- Third, it’s important to note that if you’re considering suing someone for lying about a car accident. You need to have solid evidence to support your claim. This may include witness statements, video footage, or other evidence that contradicts the other party’s statements.
- Fourth, if you can prove that the other driver lied about a car accident, you may be able to sue them for fraud. However, it’s important to note that suing someone for fraud can be complex. Furthermore, it is time-consuming, and it’s best to work with an attorney who has experience in this area.
Here’s the thing, it is possible to sue someone for lying about a car accident. But it requires solid evidence and the assistance of an attorney.
If you believe that someone has lied about a car accident that you were involved in. It’s important to speak with an attorney to understand your legal options.
And it’s also the best way to proceed.
Are car accident settlements taxable?
One of the common types of car accidents in Houston is distracted driving. It’s also one of the common causes of car accidents aside from drunk driving. This happens when you have your attention away from the road. And more often than not, this leads to serious consequences such as traumatic brain injuries.
Part of that consequence is a settlement. You may be wondering if the settlement is taxable. The answer to this question is determined by the facts of your case.
- First, settlements for personal injuries are generally not taxable. This includes settlements for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. According to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), these types of damages are not considered income. Therefore, these are not subject to taxation.
- Second, settlements for property damage are also generally not taxable. This includes compensation for damages to your vehicle or other personal property.
- Third, punitive damages, which are intended to punish the responsible party for their actions, are generally taxable. This is because the IRS views punitive damages as a form of income.
- Fourth, If you deduct any of your expenses related to the accident from your taxes, the settlement will be considered taxable. If you have any deductions related to the accident, you may need to report some or all of the settlement as income on your taxes
Hence, most car accident settlements are not taxable, but some may be. It’s important to consult with a tax professional or attorney to understand the tax implications of your settlement. They can help you understand how to report the settlement on your taxes and ensure that you are in compliance with IRS regulations.
LEARN YOUR CAR
ACCIDENTS RIGHT NOW!
Roxell Richards Injury Law Firm recovered tens of millions of dollars for families and victims of personal injury or accident.
MINOR CAR ACCIDENT